Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am so nervous...

Tomorrow I am having a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy at my gynes office. I am so nervous!!!!! I wasn't nervous until they handed me a sheet of paper of the different drugs you need to take before the procedure!!!!

I have to take:

Cytotec - One tab Tuesday morning, One tab Tuesday evening (this is for dilating the cervix)

Ativan - Take one tab on Tuesday evening before bed. Take one tab 1 hour before the procedure (this is an antianxiety, I don't know if I want to take this)

Vicodin- take before procedure (I refused this....I don't like what it does to my brain) I am taking 2 extra strenth tylenols instead

Some sort of nausea medication.....I am not taking this....I guess this is for the Vicodin.

Ketorolac- This is an injection that I need to bring to the office so they can inject me before the procedure. This is another pain medication

So I need to eat before the procedure so I don't get an upset stomach.

These medicines are scary sounding. At least the anti-anxiety and the injection are scary because I have never had them before.

I was telling my mom about the procedure and she said...."I had mine done in the hospital...I can't believe they are doing that in the office." Hello.....now I am scared.

On the plus side Bernie is taking the whole day off just in case the medicine makes me tired or sick. So he gets to take care of Drew all day.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment