Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Job Prospect

I have been running a daycare out of my home for the last 7 years. One of the boys bus drivers asked me one day if I wanted to drive bus for the school district. I thought.....hmmm.....that would be fun...maybe and I can still be home for little Drew during the day.

I just got a call from the manager of the bus company. I go in for an interview next Wednesday. I'm not nervous...but I don't know what I am going to tell my daycare family. I will only have to work 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon and Drew can come on the bus with me. I will be off whenever the kids are off school and I will make more money than doing daycare.

I think I need to do this for my family. I just hope I don't loose a friend in the process when I tell them that I cannot watch their daughter anymore.

1 comment:

  1. B - You have to do what is right for you and your family. I say: do it! If they offer you the job, then take it. Be sure that they allow you enough time before you start, so you can give your daycare families notice (2 weeks?) and don't look back!

    I'll be thinking about you next Monday!

    ReplyDelete